We, the EONA-X association (“EONA-X”) located in 21 Avenue de Messine, 75008 Paris, France, want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal data (information that identifies you as an individual).
EONA-X is committed to protecting the privacy of personal data it collects and processes. EONA-X will act in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
Who is collecting and processing the personal data?
What is the legal basis for the processing of the personal data?
The legal basis for processing your personal data is that the processing is necessary for the performance of the relationship with you, which is regulated by the Terms and Conditions, and also by the specific forms used when collecting your data.
The legal basis for processing the personal data for research, analytical, statistical purposes, and to identify changes in EONA-X that may be of interest to individuals, is on the basis of the legitimate interest of EONA-X. Where personal data is processed for these purposes, the privacy impact on the individuals whose data is being processed will be considered.
What types of information do we collect?
EONA-X collects and processes information from you at various stages during your time using the Site.
The types of personal data that we collect and process includes:
- Salutation, name, last name, address, company name, job title, country, industry, mobile phone, and email address; and
- IP details; and
- Any other information you provide to us in contact forms (you will see exactly what information we collect from you by filling in the fields in the form).
For what purpose is your personal data used?
We use the personal data collected from you:
- To fulfil your requests (e.g. to send you answers to your questions), according to the forms you may fill.
- To obtain your feedback (e.g. through a survey), in case you want to provide us with it.
- To inform you by e-mail of our news, and any other marketing materials which we think may interest you.
- To send you information regarding the Site such as changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and/or other administrative information.
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website and improving our services. This information used may be personal data and non-personal data.
If you change your mind, and no longer wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us on a going-forward basis, you may unsubscribe from receiving such marketing-related e-mails or from such sharing at any time by using the tool provided to you.
Who is the personal data shared with?
We may also disclose your information to:
- Third parties, business partners, suppliers, subcontractors, and service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site;
- Affiliates or other third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- If necessary: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, and/or that of you, or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Where such disclosures take place EONA-X requires the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to be in place to protect personal data, and for personal data to be processed lawfully.
EONA-X only allows third party service providers to use personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with EONA-X’s instructions. Any sharing of personal data using third party platforms would be governed by the terms of the third party platform used.
International transfers of personal data
When EONA-X shares personal data with its third party service providers who process personal data on behalf of EONA-X, this may involve transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). When personal data is transferred to another country it will continue to receive adequate protection through contractual or other arrangements put in place with third party service providers. For these transfers at least one of the following appropriate safeguards will be implemented:
- Personal data will be transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- Standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data transferred the same protection it has in EEA.
Third party sites and sending messages through the Site
Information that you share
Some services may allow you to share information with others. As a recommendation, we urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information on the Site.
Data security and integrity
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal data under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this Site. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure and so you should not include credit card information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
When personal data is processed on behalf of EONA-X, access is limited to those who require access on a business need-to-know basis, personal data will be processed in accordance with the instructions of EONA-X, and those who have access are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
EONA-X has in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and will notify individuals and any applicable regulator of a breach where they are legally required to do so.
Retention of personal data
EONA-X retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Use of the site by children
The Site is not directed to children, and we request such individuals to not provide personal data through the Site.
Under certain circumstances individuals can exercise rights under data protection laws. Individuals may exercise these rights relating to their own personal data or contact EONA-X for other data protection related questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
EONA-X will require authentication of the identity of the individual wishing to exercise their rights under data protection laws, and may require additional information to assist in responding to requests.
For the following rights please make a reference to the following in the request:
- Right to access: ‘Request for access to personal data’
- Right to object: ‘Object to processing of personal data for the purpose of analytics’
- Right to information about:
- ‘EONA-X’s third party service providers who process personal data on behalf of EONA-X
- ‘Transfers to third countries – information about data transfers outside EEA’
EONA-X intends to carefully address any request and/or claim from you, as well as carefully process personal data. You are entitled to file any claim or complaint before the relevant data protection authorities if the answer provided by EONA-X does not meet your expectations.